Blue Sky Energy is a leading manufacturer of Solar Charge Controllers, including the Genasun brand. We offer a rewarding work environment with opportunities for growth while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for a Warehouse Associate to join our Production/Warehouse team.
Location: Blue Sky Energy HQ, Vista, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Warehouse Associates are responsible for engaging with production and warehouse functions to meet daily customer demands and production schedules. The Warehouse Associate provides training and ensures safety and quality standards are maintained at all times. The Warehouse Associate will assemble products by using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to correctly assemble and test Solar Charge Controllers.
- Work with Supply Chain Manager and other team members to manage and prioritize assignments and meet production schedules.
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
- Be familiar with all functions of the warehouse, shipping, receiving, inventory control, kit pulls etc.
- Use basic problem solving skills to ensure all orders ship ASAP.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Supply Chain Manager.
- Work closely with Tech Support, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain Manager, and Materials/Warehouse personnel to resolve issues.
- Update production metrics and facilitate regular team communication.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with Supply Chain Manager
- Inventory Control, Cycle Counts & Full Physical Inventory
- Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing/warehouse functions.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 2 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work with others collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience leading teams or projects strongly desired.
- Warehouse receiving/shipping domestic and international experience.
- Manufacturing and continual process improvement experience.
- Manufacturing, kit pulls, assembly & testing.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and at arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Blue Sky Energy offers competitive pay, health insurance, paid time off, FSA, and other benefits to all of its employees.
TO APPLY, please send a resume and brief email introduction (no cover letters, please!) to firstname.lastname@example.org.