EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Blue Sky Energy is a leading manufacturer of Solar Charge Controllers, including the Genasun brand. We offer a rewarding work environment with opportunities for growth while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere. We are currently searching for an Embedded Systems Engineer to join our engineering team.
Location: Blue Sky Energy, Somerville, MA
As our Embedded Systems Engineer, you will join our engineering team to develop, improve and update the Blue Sky Energy and Genasun lines of solar charge controllers. One main responsibility will be to contribute substantially to the design and manufacture of new charge controller products in the areas of firmware and feature development, which includes both power controls and bluetooth-based communications software. You should be at home in a lab-style office, be self-directed, and relish taking the initiative in problem solving.
Some of the challenges we need your help in solving are as follows:
· Build a robust BLE-based communications system for existing and future charge controllers
· Contribute to firmware design for power control in new charge controller products
· Build/engineer a robust test platform for both existing and new products
· Assist in design of an efficient, low touch tech support workflow
Because we are a small company, most of our team members take a cross-disciplinary approach to our work and we all interact with our customers regularly. This means that you will be developing your skills further in areas including electrical engineering design and development, software/firmware development, business development, and technical sales/support. You will have an immediate and important impact as you join our team and be responsible for projects crucial to our future success. You should be confident with your current knowledge, but humble enough to know there is a lot more to learn and be excited to dig into new problems.
– B.S. in Engineering—Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering preferred but other degrees will be considered with strong software or EE skillset.
– Basic understanding of EE fundamentals and notation.
– Proficient in software development with fluency in C/C++.
– Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your work at Blue Sky Energy will touch on the following skills and experiences, and we will consider prior experience in our candidate selection:
– coding custom GATT for BLE communications.
– building firmware using GCC without the need for Neil/AR. Preference for those with experience using Nordic NRF chip sets.
– product design and development
– being resourceful and good at self-starting/problem solving with ability to work independently or with a small team (spread over multiple offices).
– having a passion for solar energy technology or experience in the industry
– being entrepreneurial, self-starting, and comfortable in small company/startup setting
– being curious and motivated to develop new skills and take on multiple roles.
Bonus Points for Proficiency with:
– Linux environments
– Visual Basic/Visual Studio
Salary and Benefits:
This is a salaried position offering competitive salary and benefits. Salary is commensurate with previous experience.
To apply, we invite you to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Application for Engineering Position”. Please be sure to list any personal or independent projects of technical merit.
As the process moves forward, we may ask for references, a copy of your college transcript, examples of software/hardware you have developed (where appropriate). We will do everything we can to provide a positive, streamlined interview process in which you may learn about us as we learn about you.